September 26, 2017

Alright everybody back home you guys are awesome I can feel the support and love everyday which motivates me to work even harder.  This week me and my companion taught with no notes or anything, we decided if we wanted to learn this language we needed to try teaching by the spirit instead of thinking so much about how to say it in spanish.  And the lord came through, with our hard work and planning for lessons we were able to give every lesson with no notes and taught through the spirit.  Even though its sometimes hard to talk in spanish I know that through the lord I can receive the gift of tongues if I continue to work hard.  I've already seen so many blessings especially with the language.  When I first got here I could'nt speak any spanish but day by day I get better and better.  Yesterday my companion and I asked our investigator to be baptized and even though there our teachers it's still so cool how what we teach is so important to the people and there families.  And my teacher Hermana Manroy is not an easy person to teach so I felt like we did a great job.  As the weeks speedily go by I pray everyday for my family and for the awesome friends I have where ever you may be, in school, at work, wherever you are.  Just remember to be an example of Jesus Christ wherever you go and whatever you do.  This week at the MTC the latinos and white missionaries lol left to there mission fields and I'm not gonna lie its sad to see them go.  I had a lot of good friendships with the latinos and they really helped me with my spanish, just talking back and forth to each other really helped.  I know that they will do great in there missions and bring the message of the lord to the hearts of Gods children.  Today was by far the best day ever since i've been here.  We got to go to the zoo and it was awesome, i cant send pics while in the MTC but i can once i get into the field.  After the zoo we went to the little shops near by and talked with all the people and got a sweet jacket for 90 quetzales but was regular 125.  I think cause i talked with her for awhile she brought the price down lol.  The people of Guatemala are the nicest people and the most humble ever.  The kids are so cute too.  To bad i cant hug them dang it.  But anyways I love you guys and may God bless you all.


Love, 

Elder Gray

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 19, 2018 Trainer

June 5, 2018

October 17, 2019